The Simple 5 Step Time Management Strategy [podcast]
The big thing with Time Management is – you don’t actually manage time – you manage your own energy. Time itself is largely unmanageable, it’s what we do with our time and more importantly our energy that determines if we are effective or not.
Many people have typical days that look like this.
- A list in front of them with way more things on it that they could possibly do in one day.
- Constant distraction of office phone ringing, mobile phone ringing email beeping (the you’ve got mail icon beaming from the bottom of the computer monitor)
- The occasional text message, and
- A random array of people “calling by their office ” saying “got a minute?”
And a unfulfilled feeling at the end of the day that they didn’t really get anything done. No wonder people want time management info eh?
I am interested in time management for two reasons:
- I run my business with no staff
- Because of this I need to be really good at it